The Basic Inspection
- Suitable for home owner who suspects a damp or timber problem.
- Prospective buyers (requested reports also included).
- Basic inspections are carried out Monday- Friday during normal business hours. Weekend and late appointments can also be organised if necessary.
The prospective purchase surveys cost £150.00 + VAT
Surveys in central London cost £100.00 + VAT
Basic surveys across the UK are otherwise FREE.
- Recommended for individuals where previous work has been carried out in the past and a new problem has arisen.
- Property in an exceptionally poor condition.
- Court appeal and proceedings.
Detailed inspections include extra elements built on a basic inspection:
- Extraction of samples.
- Laboratory analysis (if deemed appropriate).
- Written report and recommendations.
Where a current guarantee issued by another company is in force, we will always advise that their procedures are followed through before instructing us to investigate. This level of investigation is not appropriate for normal pre-purchase inspections in occupied and furnished properties.
A £280.00+ VAT fee applies in this situation.
Target Response Times
- Contact our customer within 24 hours to arrange an initial inspection.
- Agreed arrangements made for a morning or afternoon (Saturday appointments possible).
- Complete and dispatch report within two working days.
- We aim to make contact within 24 hours of receiving an enquiry, to arrange an inspection.
- In the event of time constraints: Emergency reports can be issued and work can be arranged within two weeks of survey.
Extent Of Inspection
The inspection of damp will be used using an electric resistance meter and observations from our expert teams.
We do not take responsibility for the movement or removal of internal or external items within a property. If this is required we will only be removed temporarily at the permission of the home owner.
The property as a whole will be evaluated for condensation from visual observation and additional support via the use of a Thermal Hygrometer if required.
Evidence of damage externally will be commented on if necessary and a report submitted if required. This will include building defects, rainwater goods and external render.
In order to fully inspect a property to assess the infestation of a timber attack safe access is required. This includes the use of a ladder or steps, along with suitable access to lofts at the point of inspection. Additionally floors and timbers will be evaluated. However the temporary removal of carpets/ wood flooring will not be required (unless loose).
Both external and internal observations will be made and included within a written report if evidence is found within the property of timber damage.
Requesting a survey is a simple process, call us free on 0800 622 6573 or complete a service request by Clicking Here we are open 7 days a week.